Displays a block containing featured images.
Featured images will display three small images in your forum list. The images are attachments that your members have posted. Images are updated every 5 minutes. Images when clicked will display the message the attachment was posted in.
(Example of Featured images)
- In responsive mode images are reduced in size.
- Images can be selected from any forum.
- Cron entry will rotate images every 5 minutes.
- All phrases start with featuredimages_ for your convenience.
To check if your server has ImageMagick, do the following:
Admin CP -> Options -> Attachments -> Default image processor
You should be able to select "ImageMagick PECL extension". If you cannot select this, you will need to contact your web host provider and ask them to install ImageMagick with PECL.
- Download Andy-FeaturedImages-1.0.zip and unzip it.
- Copy the src/addons/Andy/FeaturedImages directory to your server.
- From the Admin Control Panel Install the add-on.
Create a directory in your web root called /misc/ and set permissions to 0755.
Creating the widget:
- Admin Control Panel -> Appearance -> Widgets
- Widget definition = Featured images
- Widget key = featured_images
- Title = (leave blank)
- Display in positions = Forum list: Above nodes
- Click Save.