Sends an email to your members every week showing most popular topics.
(Example of Weekly newsletter email)
- Option to exclude forums.
- Option to vary the number of topics sent in the email.
- Option to send test email.
- All phrases start with weeklynewsletter_ for your convenience.
If you're currently using the Weekly digest add-on, you will want to import your current Weekly digest user settings. Follow these steps to import:
1. Install the Weekly newsletter add-on.
2. Add the following to your forum URL weeklynewsletter/import to import users Weekly digest settings.
3. Uninstall the Weekly digest add-on.
This add-on will add a field called andy_weekly_newsletter to your xf_user table.
Questions and Answers:
Q: Are forum view permissions honored?
A: No. You have to use the Exclude forums in the Options if you want to exclude any forums from the emails sent.
Q: When are the emails sent?
A: On Saturday morning.
Q: Are banned members excluded?
Q: Are discouraged members excluded?
Q: Are emails sent to users who have "email invalid (bounced)" user state?
Q: How are thread topics chosen?
A: New threads from the past 7 days are selected by most viewed. An additional sort on forum title can be set in the Options page.
Q: Are members automatically enrolled in this add-on?
Q: How can I change the day and time the mailing go out?
A: Yes. Change the Cron entry here:
Admin Control Panel -> Tools -> Cron entries -> Weekly newsletter