This addon allows you to prevent users and user groups from changing their email or password in XenForo with a simple permissions set. All admin capabilities still remain. Re-link the "Reset password" and "Edit password/email" pages to another URL, or disable entirely with simple user options.
- Adds new "Edit email address" and "Edit password" permissions to User and Groups permissions
- Adds custom Edit Profile and Reset password links to User Options admin screen
- Option to disable "Forgot your password?" or re-link to your custom edit profile page
- Disables "change" email button or re-link to your custom edit profile page
- Removes password fields and replaces with "change" button link to your custom edit profile page
- Redirects https://domain.com/lost-password/ and https://domain.com/account/email/ to custom links, or throws XenForo error page if no custom links are set
No permissions or settings of this addon are applied by default. Once enabled, select the user group you wish to disable email address or password editing and set the permissions to "No" or "Never". You can also navigate to XF > Options > User Options to see custom options to change the edit profile URLs and disable the "Forgot your password" feature.
Credit to @Scandal for expertly developing this addon.