You must have a Redis instance installed, this is likely not possible with shared hosting
While XenForo 2 has a redis connector, it requires phpredis. This add-on does not.
- A pure php redis connector
- High availability support
- Exposes redis cache object for use for use by other add-ons
- Implements some minor caching of forum thread counts
Please be aware that Redis is very sensitive to latency in a virtual environment. If repeated connection failures or protocol errors are experienced disable any Redis Persistence options.
By default, forum thread counts are cached. In general, this is observable when moving large number of threads from one forum to another, and the total page counts are wrong.
With the $config['cache']['config']['load_from_slave'] option, reads can be deferred to a singular slave instance. This takes all the options of 'config' (except the slave config)
See the FAQ for configuration samples.
The Zend component support master/slave setups with Redis Sentinel support. It does not support Redis multi-master clustering.
- Additionally, this add-on implement caching of thread counts in a forum.
- Redis Sentinel support for high-availability (see FAQ for details).
Components licenced under; New BSD
- XenForo Add-on code
Contributing features or bug fixes
Please create a GitHub Pull request via the "More Information" link.
If you appreciate this add-on, please consider a contribution via PayPal. Details will be provide via private conversation.
Please contact me if you wish for different licencing arrangements.