While there are many tools that create a bootable USB stick, most of them rely on the OS kernel, which requires access to the hardware media to store the source. The idea behind the program is different and entails storing information in RAM before loading it. Therefore, the OS can detect that data is being loaded from the virtual disk, find the original media it needs for the operation, and proceed with the boot without creating a standard trap like in classic boot.
It's worth mentioning that this tool allows you to add as many ISO files as you want, in which case a menu will greet you after downloading. The program supports ISO files over 4GB in size, as well as native UEFI and Legacy BIOS, and works with dozens of operating systems, as the developer claims to have tested over 160 files.
• Easy to use
• Fast (limited only by iso file copy speed)
• Direct boot from iso file, no extraction required
• Legacy + UEFI
supported • UEFI secure boot supported (since 1.0.07+) Notes
• ISO files supported larger than 4 GB
• Native boot menu style for Legacy and UEFI
• Most OS types supported, over 200 iso files tested
• Not only download but complete installation process
• Ventoy Compatible concept
• Framework plugin
• Read only to USB stick during boot
• No data destroyed during a version update
• No need to update Ventoy when a new distribution is released Download Ventoy 1.0.33 - Windows (10.5 MB)