New System Requirements
WHMCS 8.0 and above requires PHP 7.2 or later. You must be running PHP 7.2 or later in order for the Automatic Updater to show WHMCS 8.0.3 as available to install.
If you are running PHP 7.1 or earlier, to update to WHMCS 8.0.3 via the Automatic Updater, you will first need to upgrade to PHP 7.2 or PHP 7.3, and then Check for Updates and perform the update.
Once you are running WHMCS 8.0.3, you may upgrade to PHP 7.4 if desired.
What's new in WHMCS 8.0.3
- Users and Client Accounts - Users are the new way to log in and share access to accounts Learn more
- New Look Admin Area - A simplified, refined and optimised admin experience Learn more
- Email Delivery Providers - For increased email reliability and deliverability Learn more
- New Email Campaign Tool - Giving you more powerful bulk email functionality
- Improved IDN Support - Accept orders for a broader range of domain names Learn more
- Improved Currency Support - Support for 3 decimal places in tax rates Learn more
- Time-Based Token Two-Factor Improvements - Providing a better UX around second factor security
- Easier Cron Setup & Automation Management - A simplified cron experience with proactive alerts for issues
- OAuth2 for SMTP - Ensuring compatibility for upcoming changes from email services
- Transaction Reporting - Giving you greater insights into business performance
- New Minimum PHP Requirement + Library Updates - WHMCS 8.0.3 requires PHP 7.2 or later