New posts New resources New threads Most answered Most reaction Most viewed threads

Welcome to My iptv forum

• Everyone is invited! My iptv forum is for everyone, new and advanced user alike!
  • Searching is key! Before you post a question, use the forum search feature to determine whether your topic has already been covered.
  • Do not start flame wars! If someone has engaged in behavior that is detrimental to the discussion -- spamming, harassment, etc -- report the post and we'll take a look.
  • HowTo How To Edit CPU Performance Mode to use all cores on Xtream UI LBs

HowTo How To Edit CPU Performance Mode to use all cores on Xtream UI LBs
    PEPE Offline

PEPE

Nov 10, 2020
    USA
    Note: This only works with dedicated servers and not the cloudbased servers purchased for LB Use.

Start off by opening a fresh instance of the terminal on the desired load balancer server and run:
    Code:
    Please, Log in or Register to view codes content!

This installs the cpu freq tools we will be using to set the governor to performance mode. But before we do that, run the following command in the terminal:
    Code:

This should render information about your CPU, look for the governor settings line and make sure it's not already set to "performance". Usually Ubuntu and other Debian distros sets the governor to "ondemand", so that is what you should be seeing here.

Next off, open another terminal instance (keep your previous open) and run the following command:
    Code:

This will render your current CPU min, max and current frequency. If you want you can try running a game or larger video to see it go up and down, but overall trying to stay closer to the minimum frequency than the maximum. This is due to the governor beeing set to "ondemand", which is trying to save power and generate less heat.

Let's crank up the performance. Run the following in your first terminal instance:
    Code:
    NOTICE! Make sure you set the number 11 to the amount of cores your CPU has minus one (since the count starts at 0). In my case I run a 12 core Ryzen CPU, therefore I need to set it to 11. If you have an 8 core CPU, you set it to 7 and so on. Then hit enter to run the script.
    Code:

Done

☕

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Last edited:
    Relate Threads
    Mahmoud.Nakhleh Offline

Mahmoud.Nakhleh

Dec 22, 2020
    Palestine
    Hi Dear Pepe,
    Is it good to use with Main Server ? or not needed ?

Best Regards

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Posters of the Month

Latest resources

Online statistics

Members online
    Guests online
    Total visitors
    18,028Threads
    63,135Messages
    62,344Members
    Pigfarmer44Latest member