New posts New resources New threads Most answered Most reaction Most viewed threads

Welcome to My iptv forum

• Everyone is invited! My iptv forum is for everyone, new and advanced user alike!
  • Searching is key! Before you post a question, use the forum search feature to determine whether your topic has already been covered.
  • Do not start flame wars! If someone has engaged in behavior that is detrimental to the discussion -- spamming, harassment, etc -- report the post and we'll take a look.
  • Smarters vs. XCIPTV

Smarters vs. XCIPTV
    C Offline

cjfniptv

Sep 9, 2020
    Canada
    Looking for some advice from your experiences. For live tv with epg, which one runs smoother? Smarters or XCIPTV? Same question for VOD. Or does it even matter? Is this all just personal preference and the apps run the service the same? The reason I'm asking is I wanna go custom app but need to know which one would be better to work on and also which one will perform better.

Relate Threads
    livewireapps Offline

livewireapps

LiveWire
    Jul 19, 2020
    United Kingdom
    I like XCIPTV myself but it is personal preference on what you like more for myself the XC is just better all-round I like the interface of it better then smarter

selma Offline

selma

May 31, 2020
    Earth
    About the app XC for sure, to edit the app sometimes i use apk easy tool, have other but don't have the names in mind, sublime text to edit the code, and images personally Photoshop to edit/modify it and replace, but for sure have easy aways

livewireapps Offline

livewireapps

LiveWire
    Jul 19, 2020
    United Kingdom
    for editing, I use the following apk easy tool, notepad++, photoshop, and premiere

BigSmoke Offline

BigSmoke

Apr 27, 2020
    for editing, I use the following apk easy tool, notepad++, photoshop, and premiere

The only other tools I use are - affinity designer - same as photoshop but a lot cheaper and you can get torrents if you know where to search

and the other saves me loads of time! its called Agent Ransack - it is a search programme - just point it to the decompiled folder and search away. It will search every line, its quick and its free

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

livewireapps Offline

livewireapps

LiveWire
    Jul 19, 2020
    United Kingdom
    The only other tools I use are - affinity designer - same as photoshop but a lot cheaper and you can get torrents if you know where to search

and the other saves me loads of time! its called Agent Ransack - it is a search programme - just point it to the decompiled folder and search away. It will search every line, its quick and its free

it's fun to see how others edit apps love seeing the different ways that we all do the same thing lol

T Offline

techguy

Oct 15, 2020
    united kingdom
    i have both apps, both work well, the only downside i found with the built in smarters player is it doesnt support playback of avi movies, for support of those you need to use an external player eg VLC player. I also prefer the epg layout in xc iptv, and another very important feature is if you have https enabled on your server and you use https when you create a line xc iptv doesnt leak any info where as smarters still leaks http requests even when using https.

Expire0 Offline

Expire0

+Lifetime VIP
    VIP Member
    Aug 8, 2020
    Delaware
    I recently had a issue where Xciptv would show the VOD or series from a provider. It seem to be due to how the M3U file was created. yet smarters would show the VOD content. I am not sure why Xciptv didnt like the format compared to Smarters. Also Purple IPTV was able to play the content. so go figure. I was a huge fan of Xciptv but I am not sure why it works for some providers and not others.

T Offline

techguy

Oct 15, 2020
    united kingdom
    I recently had a issue where Xciptv would show the VOD or series from a provider. It seem to be due to how the M3U file was created. yet smarters would show the VOD content. I am not sure why Xciptv didnt like the format compared to Smarters. Also Purple IPTV was able to play the content. so go figure. I was a huge fan of Xciptv but I am not sure why it works for some providers and not others.
    It will depend on how the app has downloaded the content from the playlist, i doubt its the m3u thats at fault as you said smarters and the purple app both worked, generally mp4 , mkv are the best formats to use for vod so not sure why there was an issue in xciptv maybe its the version of the app.? Was the m3u playlist with options or without ? Id open the playlist with notepad++ and have a look at some of the content should be similar to this basic example
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="Some film"
    then the http link to the content with the file format on the end
    #EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="Another Film"
    and so on
    Was xciptv a hard coded version or a standard version?

Expire0 Offline

Expire0

+Lifetime VIP
    VIP Member
    Aug 8, 2020
    Delaware
    @techguy I'll have to check if the equal sign is required in the EXTINF line. The format of the m3u file for this provider is

#EXTINF:-1,<movie> - 1
    For example
    #EXTINF:-1,13 Assassins - 2010 - 1

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Posters of the Month

Latest resources

Online statistics

Members online
    Guests online
    Total visitors
    18,028Threads
    63,138Messages
    62,346Members
    therockkLatest member