Welcome to My iptv forum

• Everyone is invited! My iptv forum is for everyone, new and advanced user alike!
  • Searching is key! Before you post a question, use the forum search feature to determine whether your topic has already been covered.
  • Do not start flame wars! If someone has engaged in behavior that is detrimental to the discussion -- spamming, harassment, etc -- report the post and we'll take a look.
  • Tutorial Rebranding smarters apk

Tutorial Rebranding smarters apk
    cyberdude Offline

cyberdude

Renaming a package in a hard-coded APK can indeed be more challenging than modifying a regular Android project.
    Here's an alternative approach that involves using the APKTool to manually decompile, modify, and recompile the APK.

Before proceeding, make sure you have Java JDK and APKTool installed on your system.

1. Decompile the APK using APKTool:
      Open a command prompt (or terminal) and navigate to the directory where APKTool is installed. Then run the following command:
      bash or windows shell , (windows shell will need you to set environmental values )

apktool d /path/to/your-apk-file.apk

This will decompile the APK, and you'll see a new directory with the same name as your APK file (without the .apk extension) containing the decompiled resources and code.
    • Change the Package Name:
      Navigate into the decompiled directory, and you should find a folder named smali or smali_classes2 (depending on the APK version). Inside this folder, you'll see the directory structure reflecting the original package name.
      Use a text editor or IDE that supports smali code (which is like assembly language for Android) to change the package name. Find and replace all occurrences of the old package name with the new one. Be careful during this step, as smali code is low-level and can be easy to break if not modified correctly.
    • Change the Manifest:
      Open the AndroidManifest.xml file in the decompiled directory. Change the package attribute in the <manifest> tag to the new package name.
    • Recompile the APK using APKTool:
      After making the necessary changes, it's time to recompile the APK. Run the following command from the command prompt:

apktool b /path/to/decompiled-directory

This will recompile the modified code and resources back into a new APK.
    • Sign the APK:

Once the recompilation is successful, you'll find the new APK in the dist folder inside the decompiled directory. Before installing the APK on a device, you'll need to sign it with your keystore.
      an Easy way using a GUI you can chack out the app APK Editor Studio from
      Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

You can use also the Android Studio's Build > Generate Signed Bundle/APK option or the command-line tools like jarsigner to sign the APK.
      jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore your-keystore.keystore /path/to/new-apk-file.apk alias_name
    1. Test the APK:
      After signing the APK, you should be able to install and test the renamed app on a device or emulator.
    Please note that modifying and redistributing apps may violate the app's terms of use or copyright laws, so ensure you have the necessary permissions before attempting any changes. Additionally, manual modification of smali code can be complex and error-prone, so proceed with caution and make backups of the original APK before making any changes.

If you encounter issues during the smali modification or APK recompilation, you may need to troubleshoot and debug the code to ensure everything works as expected.

H Offline

hanke

Sep 30, 2022
    None
    Thanks for the instructions....I would like to recompile an android box to modify the startup screen layout. Will give it a try and see what I come up with, hopefully I can do it!

A Offline

alexrazer

Hello, how can I upload the sdk of an app without android studio?

SynkOptik Offline

SynkOptik

Jan 11, 2021
    This was good and informative, especially for a rookie like myself. I use the recommended or suggested GUI you mentioned in your tutorial... the APK Studio Editor. It's awesome all up to the part where I then test it. All I change is the Name of the app and some icons. Now it doesn't want to install. Is this because of the APK Studio Editor not building or compiling it correctly (no disrespect to ASE --I mean due to smali being so complicated) or is it ME? Or is it the DEVS that are good at their craft?

Im wondering what the reasons maybe.... if anyone's got any idea and would like to help... please.

EDIT: I definitely walked into "it's ME".

cyberdude Offline

cyberdude

This was good and informative, especially for a rookie like myself. I use the recommended or suggested GUI you mentioned in your tutorial... the APK Studio Editor. It's awesome all up to the part where I then test it. All I change is the Name of the app and some icons. Now it doesn't want to install. Is this because of the APK Studio Editor not building or compiling it correctly (no disrespect to ASE --I mean due to smali being so complicated) or is it ME? Or is it the DEVS that are good at their craft?

Im wondering what the reasons maybe.... if anyone's got any idea and would like to help... please.

EDIT: I definitely walked into "it's ME".
    the smarters that are hardcoded dont have issues renaming the app , but the others im also having a issue renaming , im trying to rename a megaott one and i just cant get it to work , i believe like you say "the DEVS that are good at their craft?" if i get it going ill do my best to remember to come post here for you .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Posters of the Month

Online statistics

Members online
    Guests online
    Total visitors
    18,400Threads
    64,528Messages
    63,138Members
    hotelchiroLatest member